Teaching Trauma Sensitive Yoga Intensive
11th - 12th January 2024 + online content
Feel nervous of supporting students who have or may have experienced trauma? Or want to explore some new ways to “hold the space” for your students?
The research into yoga for PTSD gives us ways, to create a safe space for students, and allows everyone regardless of their experiecens to relax into the sense of “being held”.
This course covers the theoretical side of trauma as well as the practical implications for class. We cover:
- How trauma affects the brain & behaviours
- The key principles of trauma sensitive yoga
- How to work with movement, breath and meditation in a trauma sensitive class, including sequencing, cueing and invitational language
- A look at mental health framework & honouring the student wisdom
- How to support a student who may become triggered
- Radical self care through rest/journaling/yoga
- Use of language and keeping “spiritual” concepts real
- Cultural appropriation, intersectionality & privilege
The in studio days give us time to practice together, to integrate the techniques or trauma sensitivity into our teaching approach and to consider the practicalities of offering a trauma-aware class. The online content gives you time to watch and revise the work around the nervous system and neurology.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this the right course for me?
How is the course structured?
How much does it cost?
Can I get a bursary?
Who teaches this Intensive?
What should I be reading?
What certification will I receive?
Why should I train with you?
If you have questions that aren't answered below, need more information, or just want to chat about the course and whether it's right for you, use the link below to book a chat.Book a chat
300 hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
If you’re considering more than one of my Intensives, then why not look at combining them in my full, 300 hour Advanced Teacher Training course and take your teaching to the next level.Advance your teaching with 300hr training
Let's stay in touch
Sign up below to be the first to hear about my upcoming classes, courses, workshops, offers. Plus receive my free sequencing tips video on YouTube in your welcome email.